[BUG?] DOT Files affected by Addin

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

[BUG?] DOT Files affected by Addin

Jeff

The problem appears while run two instances of word.
The pointed before fix is a bung.
Realy cause of the situation is changing Control.Parameter for every loading AddIn.
Posted 28 Oct, 2004 08:29:26 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Jeff,

The addin doesn't affect dot files. It is Word that does this. Information about all command bars and controls is stored in Normal.dot automatically. When loading each instance of Word information about controls properties is retrieved from a template. If you make yor command bar temporary, the values of command bar and its controls properties will be initialize every time Word starts.
Posted 28 Oct, 2004 09:00:48 Top

In the first I use version 1.9 from Afalina.
Second It realy changes button controls every loading of an addin, i.e. the following code does not approach
 AddButton('Mycommandbar',.....

Inside, the addin code change the property "parameter" of Word.
Posted 28 Oct, 2004 09:57:17 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Guest,

Sorry but I can't quite understand what you mean. Could you please describe the problem in more detail?

Sincerely,
ADX Support Team

P.S. If your native language is Russian, please use it :)
Posted 28 Oct, 2004 10:21:37 Top

:)
I have the following code:

AddButton(sDocCmdBarName, sDocCheckOutHint, DocMngrCheckOut, '', GetResModeName(sIconDocCheckOut), msoButtonIcon, NewControl, -1, nil, clFuchsia).BeginGroup := true;
  AddButton(sDocCmdBarName, sDocCheckInHint, DocMngrCheckIn, '',
    GetResModeName(sIconDocCheckIn), msoButtonIcon, NewControl, -1, nil, clFuchsia);

The code run on AddIn_Initialize, i.e. it run every the addin loading.
The procedure AddButton makes "Add" only if the button has not been added on previous Word start.
Nevertheless axpAddIn changes state of the added Button, it uses its property "Parameter" for link Buttons Events with custom handlers. The property is changes every loading Word and change Normal.dot too.
I fixed it by change the source code of axpAddIn, but I made it in the version 1.9 and I do not know whether the bug has been fixed in the new versions of the components.
Posted 28 Oct, 2004 10:46:39 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Guest,

Thanks for details. Version 2 doesn't change the Parameter property, neither does it affect this property in any other way.

Could you please in the future place questions related to VCL version in the VCL forum:
http://www.add-in-express.com/forum/read.php?FID=1

Sincerely,
ADX Support Team
Posted 28 Oct, 2004 11:18:34 Top