Installation Problem

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Installation Problem
AddIns with .net 
Pfeiler Franz

Hallo,

This error occurs on a Office 32Bit, Windows 2008 R2(64Bit) Terminalserver installing my .Net Addin for Outlook.

VisualStudio 2008 (Version 9.0.30729.4462)
Addinexpress: 6.5.3057.2005
Install with .msi

Fehler beim Generieren des Aktivierungskontextes f?r "C:\Program Files (x86)\BMDSoftware\OfficeAddOn\BMDArchivOutlook2010Admin\adxloader.dll.Manifest". Fehler in Manifest- oder Richtliniendatei "C:\Program Files (x86)\BMDSoftware\OfficeAddOn\BMDArchivOutlook2010Admin\adxloader.dll.Manifest" in Zeile 2. Das Stammelement der Manifestdatei muss assembliert sein.

The Manifest:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
<assemblyIdentity name="BMDArchivOutlook2010Admin, PublicKeyToken=1524f9dfcb297b55" />
<loaderSettings generateLogFile="true" shadowCopyEnabled="true" privileges="administrator" configFileName="app.config" />
</configuration>

Please, tell me what to do?

Franz
Posted 22 Dec, 2011 04:34:44 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Franz,

Your problem doesn't relate to that message. Although we don't have any explanation for it at the moment, it doesn't affect the functionality of Add-in Express based projects. So, please don't worry about this message in the event log.

The problem should show itself in adxregistrator.log and/or adxloader.log, see the folder [My ]Documents\Add-in Express\ in the profile of the user that run the installer. You can copy the logs here or send them to the support email address, please find it in {Add-in Express installation folder}\readme.txt. When composing your email, please make sure it contains a link to this topic.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 22 Dec, 2011 05:00:52 Top
Pfeiler Franz

Hello Andrei!

I spoke to my administrator and he told me that this message occurs during a Microsoft task.
The task is called ?Â?Ð?îrundll32.exe aepdu.dll,AePduRunUpdate?Â?Ð?ì. This task checks the System every night.
Is it necessary to sign some adx-dll?Â?Ð?és?

Franz
Posted 28 Dec, 2011 08:17:15 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Franz,

The title of the thread suggests that you get some problem while installing the add-in but you told about "Fehler beim Generieren des Aktivierungskontextes...". And this occurs AFTER the add-in is installed.

Do you talk about the "Fehler beim Generieren des Aktivierungskontextes..." issue only?

If so, there's nothing you can do. Currently, we have no solution for this issue. Nevertheless, it doesn't affect the functionality of Add-in Express based projects.

If, in addition to this issue, you have some other issue, please explain it better.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 29 Dec, 2011 06:58:55 Top
Pfeiler Franz

Hello Andrei!

The error occur only during the Microsoft check-task. The installation works fine and the Addin works correct.

Is it necessary to sign some adx-dll?Â?Ð?és?

Franz
Posted 30 Dec, 2011 02:10:08 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Pfeiler,

What Add-in Express assemblies do you mean? Please note that you can sign the adxloader.dll file with your own digiatl signature to avoid the following scenario in Office: if in the Trust center settings of your target host application you chose Load only signed add-ins an add-in with unsigned adxloader.dll will not be loaded in that case. Also a digital signature may help end users to recognize trusted publishers.

FYI However it doesn't help you with the issue described above.
Posted 01 Jan, 2012 09:42:38 Top
Pfeiler Franz

Hi Eugene!

I hope i can explain it better.

My AddIn works fine and the installation has no errors
but
a Mirosoft-Task, which is runnig every night writes many errors in the System-Errorlog.

Hier is a other link to that thing:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itproappcompat/thread/e4ad18ba-cbdc-4c02-811d-225a49115528

This is the error-text in german:

Fehler beim Generieren des Aktivierungskontextes f?r "C:\Program Files (x86)\BMDSoftware\OfficeAddOn\BMDArchivOutlook2010Admin\adxloader.dll.Manifest". Fehler in Manifest- oder Richtliniendatei "C:\Program Files (x86)\BMDSoftware\OfficeAddOn\BMDArchivOutlook2010Admin\adxloader.dll.Manifest" in Zeile 2. Das Stammelement der Manifestdatei muss assembliert sein.

My translation:
Error generating the activationcontext for "C:\Program Files (x86)\BMDSoftware\OfficeAddOn\BMDArchivOutlook2010Admin\adxloader.dll.Manifest". Error in manifestfile
"C:\Program Files (x86)\BMDSoftware\OfficeAddOn\BMDArchivOutlook2010Admin\adxloader.dll.Manifest" Line 2.
The Statement must be a assambly.

My Manifest:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
<assemblyIdentity name="BMDArchivOutlook2010Admin, PublicKeyToken=1524f9dfcb297b55" />
<loaderSettings generateLogFile="true" shadowCopyEnabled="true" privileges="administrator" configFileName="app.config" />
</configuration>

The administrator doesn't want this Errors in the Systemlog every day. His customers complain that.

What is the problem here, what can i change?
Posted 02 Jan, 2012 04:18:12 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Pfeiler,

Thank you for the detailed description of the issue you faced with. I have found some similar forum threads for you on our forum:

http://www.add-in-express.com/forum/read.php?FID=5&TID=9449
http://www.add-in-express.com/forum/read.php?FID=5&TID=8392
http://www.add-in-express.com/forum/read.php?FID=5&TID=9084&MID=46345

As you may see we doesn't have any explanation at the moment. However, please try to rename the adxloader.dll file to the [your_addin_assembly_name].adxloader.dll one (as Add-in Express does in case of XLL add-ins). Note, you need to unregister the add-in before renaming the adxloader.dll file. Also please make sure that you included the renamed loader to the setup project.

Does the issue alive after renaming the adxloader?
Posted 04 Jan, 2012 04:25:51 Top