One tab for many solutions

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

One tab for many solutions
How to pull controls into my tab that exists in another project 
This forum has moved to a new location. From now on, please post all your questions about Ribbon Designer for SharePoint on this forum.
RavinshuS

Dear Sirs,

Is it possible to have one tab for many projects? I want to add my groups and controls from other projects to a tab from my main project. How can I do this?
Posted 27 Jan, 2012 05:35:08 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi RavinshuS,

Yes, it is possible. You need to set the ADXSPRibbonTab.IdMsp property in your other projects to a value that is a fully qualified id of your main tab. The fully qualified id consists of the "Ribbon." prefix + namespace without dots + class name + "_" + your ribbon tab Id property. Here is an example:

Ribbon.SampleRibbonProject1FeaturesSampleRibbonTab1SampleRibbonTab1_MainRibbonTab

Also, you need to change the value of the Sequence attribute in all other projects so that the values are bigger than in the main project. This will ensure that additional projects will be loaded after the main one. You can find the Sequence attribute in the Elements.xml file of your delegate control.
Posted 27 Jan, 2012 07:44:37 Top
RavinshuS

Hi Dmitry Kostochko,

Can you give me some sample code please?
Posted 27 Jan, 2012 08:23:54 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi RavinshuS,

Sure, please download the sample http://www.add-in-express.com/projects/sharepoint/two-ribbon-projects-one-tab.zip. It contains 2 projects with ribbon tabs, both projects add their groups to one tab.
Posted 27 Jan, 2012 09:28:39 Top