WiX designer: how do i handle localisation resources after compiling c# assembly

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

WiX designer: how do i handle localisation resources after compiling c# assembly
how do i get localization resources into setup 
Bartsch Christian

WiXDesigner:

I have localized my C# (VS2015Pro) Winforms application using a localization tool like Babylon.

I have now my neutral language (en-GB) and my 2 new additional languages (DE and FI).

The resx files for each class are there.
Debugging shows language as should be, but after installing neutral language appears.

I suppose i have to add the language files from the "Projectfolder\bin\Release" Folder?

Here my questions:

1. how do i get the localization files into the Setup so that after Installation my application and ist language files are available?

2. Can I also localize the Setup itself or does that Windows do anyway?
Posted 08 Mar, 2017 07:29:21 Top
Bartsch Christian

Problem partly solved.

Looks like a bug in VS2015. The resouce files are there but are not fully loaded. it is a Caching issue of VS. Internet discussions Show this.

I eventually had to use ResXManager, add language and tell it to laod the resources files. It had only loaded 1 additional language and that not even fully.

Hence, this leaves now question #2 still open.

Do we Need to localize WiX Setup or does Windows installer automatically provide a native language for the user?
Posted 08 Mar, 2017 10:39:46 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Christian,

You use the Localization property of your setup project. The languages marked with an asterisk (such as "English (United States)*" are supported by the WiX Designer's UI: all texts for built-in forms and messages are localized for these languages.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 09 Mar, 2017 05:27:52 Top