Animated Command Bar Buttons and Change Command Bar Icon dynamically

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Animated Command Bar Buttons and Change Command Bar Icon dynamically

semantique

Hi Dmitry,

we've got a very good C++ developer in house. If you could give us some hints into the right direction which dlls/interfaces, etc. we should be looking at, I'm sure we can manage it internally.

Bests,
Posted 23 Jun, 2010 05:41:21 Top
semantique

Hi Dmitry,

we've got a good C++ developer in house. If you could help us by pointing us in the right direction (MSDN articles, dlls or interfaces to be looked at, or similar), I'm sure we could sort it out.

Thanks a lot, you help is very much appreciated.

Bests,
Posted 23 Jun, 2010 05:44:13 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Vincent,

Thank you for your understanding. Please see the following MSDN articles:
Toolbar (Windows)
Toolbar Control Reference
Toolbar Messages (Windows)

There you will find a very detailed description of everything that can be done with a native Windows toolbar control. I hope MS IE developers supported all functionality.

I would start with searching for the command bar handle by using the EnumChildWindows function and would look for the window with ClassName "ToolbarWindow32" and Caption "Command Bar". You can use the IEModule.MainWindowHandle property as the first hWndParent parameter. Then I would try to communicate with the IE command bar by sending TB_* messages and watch its behavior.

Hope you will find this helpful and will be able to implement the desired functionality.
Posted 23 Jun, 2010 07:30:48 Top