Shortcuts + Return/Enter prevented by Add-In-Express

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Shortcuts + Return/Enter prevented by Add-In-Express

stwxy75

Hi,

we have developed a toolbar with Add-In-Express for IE 8.

Everything works fine but *OUTSIDE* the toolbar all shortcuts in IE do not work anymore; furthermore even Enter/Return does not work anymore in normal web-forms ...

Any ideas how this could be solved?

Best regards

Stefan
Posted 14 Apr, 2010 04:13:27 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Stefan.

I can't reproduce the issue. Please send me your project.
Posted 14 Apr, 2010 11:29:32 Top
stwxy75

Hi, could you please send me your eMail ... I do not want to publish the project here for public!!! Best regards STefan
Posted 15 Apr, 2010 10:04:40 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Stefan.

You can find the support e-mail in the readme.txt file located in the Add-in Express installation folder.
Posted 15 Apr, 2010 10:35:33 Top
waldi waldi

Hi,

I have a similar problem, I?Â?Ð?ém loading/adding an user control to the ?Â?Ð?ìIEToolbarModule?Â?Ð?í. Within this user control I use a toolstripmenu with textboxes, buttons and dropdownbuttons, like some other known toolbars. I use an user control for easier testing within a windows form, I don?Â?Ð?ét want to install the toolbar every time, if change some little issues. In my case I also can?Â?Ð?ét use the keys ?Â?Ð?ìF5?Â?Ð?í, ?Â?Ð?ìenter?Â?Ð?í and so on. After testing I think that I found a possible reason. The keys are working after I focused the toolbar by mouse and then set the focus to the content box of the browser (where the website is displaying) by mouse again.

Is it possible, that this is a focus problem?

In my case I wan?Â?Ð?ét to navigate the IE through the tab-key and everytime I come to my toolbar the tab/focus go to the address bar, it?Â?Ð?és starts from the ?Â?Ð?ìfirst place?Â?Ð?í again! if I focused the toolbar and use the tab-key I can?Â?Ð?ét leave the toolbar with the tab-key. I can step to every button, textbox and dropdownbutton within the toolstripmenu but in the end it starts again on the first element.

I hope you have any ideas or an impulse to solve this problems?

best regards
Dominik
Posted 20 Apr, 2010 06:06:17 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Dominik.

Is it possible, that this is a focus problem?

Yes. You need to create a new IE Add-on project instead of IE Toolbar project. In this case your shortcuts will work globally in IE.

In my case I wan?Â?Ð?ét to navigate the IE through the tab-key and everytime I come to my toolbar the tab/focus go to the address bar, it?Â?Ð?és starts from the ?Â?Ð?ìfirst place?Â?Ð?í again!

I will test this situation and search for a workaround.
Posted 20 Apr, 2010 10:52:25 Top
waldi waldi

Hi, Sergey,

thank you, for your answer, i found the reason for my first problem, i used a Form.Webbrowser object inside my Dropdowns and the object steals the focus.

Do you have some news for my second problem?

best regards
Dominik
Posted 23 Apr, 2010 04:24:01 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Dominik.

No, I didn't fix it yet.
Posted 23 Apr, 2010 10:09:34 Top