Problem with ADX for IE on Win 7 Home Premium x64

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Problem with ADX for IE on Win 7 Home Premium x64

Muller Stephan

I uploaded a video to youtoube with all the steps I tried, showing the error:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKUCKNwoMUw

It is done with a new project that I created with the wizard. Upfront I only added one button and put a MessageBox in it's onClick event. I also assigned a breakpoint to that msgbox.

In debugging, ADX should break at the breakpoint - unfortunately it doesn't, neither with the "Start debugging" button nor the "Attach to process" feature.

I hope you can see everything on the vid (you might need to watch it in High Quality and Full-Screen to see all the texts).

What am I missing :?:

Note: the video needs to be processed in Youtube before it can be watched. However it should be avaiable in 10-20 mins.
Posted 21 Apr, 2010 10:43:35 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hi Stephan,

I don't know why your code doesn't stop on the breakpoint; this works fine on my Vista SP2 32-bit + IE 8.

As to attaching to the process, note that you are attaching to the process of the x86 type while you need to attach to an IE process having the following value in the Type column: "Manages, x86". And you need to attach to Managed code; in the Attach to Process dialog, click the Select button, and choose the corresponding option in the Select Code Type dialog.

Regards from Belarus (GMT+2),

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 22 Apr, 2010 05:07:57 Top
Muller Stephan

Hi Andrei,
it also worked on my old Vista 32 Bit + IE8 combo. It's a pitty it doesn't seem to work on Win7 x64. Let me know if you have any more ideas.

I also tried choosing the managed option & attaching it to the managed, x86 - unfortunately it still did not work. Furthermore I tried starting IE as x64 and attaching it to Managed, x64 - unfortunately still did not work.

Thanks
Stephan
Posted 22 Apr, 2010 08:55:40 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hi Stephan,

What configuration is set in Build | Configuration Manager?

Andrei Smolin
Posted 23 Apr, 2010 06:15:16 Top
Muller Stephan

Hi Andrei,
I am very sorry it was a kind of silly mistake: Because I used the VB .net configuration for Visual Studio, I did not see any configuration manager.

Resetting them to default and setting the configuration manager to debug and using the "attach to process" feature finally allows me to start debugging the IE Add on 8)

Thank you for your help!
Stephan
Posted 24 Apr, 2010 05:45:37 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hi Stephan,

Thank you for letting me know.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 26 Apr, 2010 03:24:22 Top