Bugs in only IE9

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Bugs in only IE9
 
Filip Dabek




Posts: 5
Joined: 2011-10-19
Hi,

I am having several problems with my add-on and the problems are only occurring in IE9.

I have a command item programmed so that when it is clicked, an advanced explorer bar is set to visible. This works perfectly fine in IE6, IE7, and IE8..but in IE9 nothing happens. I have to go to View->Explorer Bars to enable it.

Also, in my advanced explorer bar I have a WebBrowser object displaying a webpage. Whenever the user goes to a different URL in the browser, I update the WebBrowser's url. However, in IE9 the url that is being sent to the WebBrowser is also being sent to the main browser's url.

Could these two problems also be caused by a 64 bit system?

And finally: Is it possible to create a pop-up style information box similar to the Chrome extensions?

Thanks!
Posted 19 Oct, 2011 16:27:47 Top
Sergey Grischenko


Add-in Express team


Posts: 7228
Joined: 2004-07-05
Hi Filip,

Advanced bars don't support IE6. I guess that you use a general explorer bar. If so, you need to use the ShowBrowserBar method of the IE object model to show/hide the explorer bar.
As to the navigation issue, please send an example that reproduces the issue. I will test it.
Posted 20 Oct, 2011 04:13:15 Top
Filip Dabek




Posts: 5
Joined: 2011-10-19
I did not mean to say IE6 in my post. How do I call the ShowBrowserBar? Currently this is my code:

 private void adxieCommandItem1_OnClick(object sender, object htmlDoc)
        {
            Boolean isVisible = this.adxieAdvancedBarItem1.Visible;
            this.adxieAdvancedBarItem1.Enabled = !isVisible;
            this.adxieAdvancedBarItem1.Visible = !isVisible;
            if (!isVisible)
            {
                AddinExpress.IE.ADXIEAdvancedBarItem barItem = this.adxieAdvancedBarsManager1.Bars[0]; // this.Bars[0];
                AddinExpress.IE.ADXIEAdvancedBar barObj = barItem.BarObj;
                MyIEAdvancedBar1 myBar = barObj as MyIEAdvancedBar1;
                myBar.Show();
                myBar.updateCurrentURL(HTMLDocument.url, HTMLDocument.title);
            }
        }



Here is the add-on that is producing the issue with the navigation in IE9 on 64 bit.

http://prians.cs.umbc.edu/files/latest/IE/PRIANS.zip
Posted 21 Oct, 2011 11:11:40 Top
Sergey Grischenko


Add-in Express team


Posts: 7228
Joined: 2004-07-05
Hi Filip,

Did you set the CommandType property of the 'adxieCommandItem1' button to 'COMObject'?
Posted 24 Oct, 2011 07:05:18 Top
Filip Dabek




Posts: 5
Joined: 2011-10-19
The button is called private ADXIECommandItem commandButton;

and it does not have a CommandType property.
Posted 25 Oct, 2011 11:14:18 Top
Sergey Grischenko


Add-in Express team


Posts: 7228
Joined: 2004-07-05
Hi Filip,

Please open the iemodule designer and select the 'commandButton' item in the combobox of the Properties window. Then you should see the CommandType property in the window.
Posted 25 Oct, 2011 11:19:49 Top
Filip Dabek




Posts: 5
Joined: 2011-10-19
Hi,

After a lot of testing and debugging...I have found the problem, but do not know how to fix it.

The add-on works just fine on IE7 and up on 32 bit. However, on 64 bit it is buggy when run on IE9.

The problem is this:

-I have a DocumentComplete that sends an update command to the Advanced Bar whenever the page is changed.
-The Advanced Bar updates the web browser (in the bar) url.
-The Advanced Bar refreshes the web browser (in the bar).

If I do not call the refresh method then the URL of the web browser object is updated, but the old content stays there. However, if I call the refresh method then IE opens a new tab with the same url of the object. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Posted 24 Nov, 2011 00:03:25 Top
Sergey Grischenko


Add-in Express team


Posts: 7228
Joined: 2004-07-05
Hi Filip,

Please send me a simple solution for testing.
Posted 24 Nov, 2011 04:59:04 Top
Filip Dabek




Posts: 5
Joined: 2011-10-19
Hi,

I have actually finally fixed the issue. The problem was that the page in the WebBrowser had Javascript errors. This somehow then caused the WebBrowser to load a new tab whenever refresh was called on it.

I don't understand why it was opening a new tab, but it is fixed for now at least. Thanks!
Posted 01 Dec, 2011 13:58:47 Top
Sergey Grischenko


Add-in Express team


Posts: 7228
Joined: 2004-07-05
Hi Filip,

Thank you for the update.
Posted 02 Dec, 2011 05:37:34 Top