Outlook 2010 Add-in ribbon disappear after restart Outlook

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Outlook 2010 Add-in ribbon disappear after restart Outlook
adxOlInspectorCommandBar,adxOlExplorerCommandbar 
eric mi

We are using Add-in Express 2010 VCL to develop a addin for outlook.
It works perfectly for outlook 2003 2007.

We upgraded to outlook 2010. the add-in works, as send email events do trigger adxOutlookAppEvents

And the first time after install add-in. the Add-in ribbon and our addin botton did appear on outlook. and works just fine.

if I close outlook and reopen it. Add-in ribbon disappeared. our add-in still works and trigger adxOutlookAppEvents. in outlook add-in list, it appear and actived. but the entire Add-in ribbon disappeared, in the customize the ribbon, Add-in ribbon is ticked. but it will not show.

please help

Eric
Posted 09 Jun, 2011 12:03:18 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Eric,

What version of Add-in Express do you use? Could you please send me your project (or some demo project with the same behavior) for testing? You can find our support email address in the readme.txt file located in the Add-in Express installation folder.
Posted 09 Jun, 2011 12:11:52 Top
eric mi

Add-in Express 2010 VCL Professional, downloaded on 15/11/2010.

very simple code,
added
adxOlExplorerCommandbar

enable true
temporary false
UseForRibbon true
visible true

added 2 bottons under adxOlExplorerCommandbar

click the botton, it trigger my function to save the select email somewhere.

and it works acturelly, just on outlook 2010, the add-in ribbon disappeared, after close and reopen outlook.

if I uninstall addin and reinstall it. the add-in ribbon display again, until you close outlook and reopen it, it gone again.
Posted 09 Jun, 2011 14:21:15 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Eric,

Thank you for the details, I have just reproduced the issue with the TadxOlExplorerCommandbar component. The point is that Outlook 2010 ignores the Temporary parameter when adding command bars and their controls and adds all controls as Temporary := True. Please try to unregister your add-in, change the Temporary property of your command bar and its controls to True, rebuild, register and test your project.
Posted 10 Jun, 2011 08:13:10 Top