Outlook 2010 attachment context menus and attachment preview

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Outlook 2010 attachment context menus and attachment preview

Randy Gregory

Greetings,

In Outlook 2010, could anyone tell me how to get my button on attachment context menus to appear when attachment preview is turned off? Please note that my button appears correctly only when attachment preview is turned on.

In Outlook 2010: File > Options > Trust Center > Trust Center Settings > Attachment Handling > Turn off Attachment Preview

Thank you,
-Randy
Posted 16 Mar, 2011 11:45:10 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Randy,

Thank you for the detailed description.

In Outlook 2010 it is possible to customize ribbon context menus only. Please note, the type of the Attachment context menu is changed after checking the "Turn off Attachment Preview" option and it becomes not a ribbon context menu. So, I am afraid nothing can be done with the Attachment context menu that appears after you check the "Turn off Attachment Preview" option.
Posted 16 Mar, 2011 14:02:10 Top
Randy Gregory

Hi Dmitry,

Thank you for your help!

I wonder, can I use TadxContextMenu to show my button after it becomes not a ribbon context menu? If not, do you know where/what this context menu comes from?

Thank you,
-Randy
Posted 16 Mar, 2011 16:12:36 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Randy,

I wonder, can I use TadxContextMenu to show my button after it becomes not a ribbon context menu?

Sorry, it is not possible. The TadxContextMenu component is purposed for customizing commandbar-based popup menus and for correct work it needs the name of a command bar that shows up as a context menu. There is no commandbar-based context menu for attachments' context menu.

If not, do you know where/what this context menu comes from?

It is very similar to a simple standard system menu, try right-click on the caption of the Outlook Explorer window. It is similar, isn't it?
Posted 17 Mar, 2011 10:09:20 Top