Buttons in Commandbar is empty in word 2003

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Karim

Hi

Do you have solution for my problem because the ghost word button (no icon and no label)
continu to appear and if Ghost button appear word load very slowly.
It is a difficult problem to reproduce because it is very rare. I met this problem only in citrix with word never with excel.

Karim

http://www.add-in-express.com/forum/read.php?PAGEN_1=1&FID=1&TID=7973#nav_start
Posted 10 Jan, 2011 11:10:13 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Karim,

Based on your description of the problem I can assume that somebody (your users?) or something (another add-in?) removes your command bar controls from your Word toolbar. The point is that non-temporary controls are added by the Add-in Express code just once - at the first start of MS Word and then our code just connects to the added controls but does not add them anew. So, I would suggest that you try using the temporary command bar and controls (Temporary := True). In this case our code will try to add your command bar and controls on each start of MS Word and I think this will solve the problem.
Posted 11 Jan, 2011 11:02:27 Top
Karim

Hi Dmitry,

Ok, I going to try this solution.

But i don't understand why if i remove my plugin under citrix
in administrateur user my plug disapear correctly under excel and word.
but when i connect in user citrix my plug not disapear under excel and word.
the buttons appear but when I click it nothing happens.
I think the problem appeared when I started to use the property for "temporary:=true"
I gave the property to false but still the same result.
Can you help me and explain why the buttons remains persistent
and how I saw that the uninstall button disappeared by doing a manual uninstall
but i have hundreds of users.

I have another module for outlook not encountered problem.

Plug is registre for all user (RegisterForAllUsers := true)
and for remove i use command regsrv32 /u

Karim

Thanks

Configuration
Citrix under Server 2003
Office 2003
Delphi 2010 + Version 6.3 Release (build 757)
Posted 14 Jan, 2011 04:17:27 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Karim,

I think this happens because you use non-temporary command bar controls in your Word and Excel add-ins. As I mentioned earlier all non-temporary controls are added by the Add-in Express code just once, at the first start of a host application (Word, Excel, etc.). On all subsequent starts of a host application, it adds your command bar controls itself because they were added as permanent (non-temporary) controls. Please note, this scenario works for each of your terminal server users.

When you unregister your add-in using an administrative account, the Add-in Express code starts a host application via OLE automation and removes non-temporary controls. Please note, this scenario works just for the user who unregisters/uninstalls your add-in. All other users will still have the modified command bars.

As to your Outlook add-in, it seems you use temporary command bars there. Am I right?
Posted 14 Jan, 2011 07:01:25 Top
Karim

Hi Dmitry,

You're right on all points.
Thank you very much for your very clear explanation.

Karim
Posted 14 Jan, 2011 09:40:07 Top