ADX Plugin can't be registered with Windows Vista 64bit Ultimate and Office 2010 Professional

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

ADX Plugin can't be registered with Windows Vista 64bit Ultimate and Office 2010 Professional
I've tried everything I can, and I can't get an ADX-based plugin to load with Vista Ultimate + Office 2010 Pro 
Andrei B

I am using Delphi 2009. I have the latest ADX 2009 Standard release.

I made a simple test plugin with just one adxRibbonTab control with some dummy buttons in it.

On the testing computer, I open up the command prompt, CD to where the plugin DLL is, and I enter this command: regsvr32 Plugin.dll.

I get a successful message saying that the com server has been registered...

BUT, when I open Outlook 2010, there is NO tab for our plugin... so I go to Options -> Add-Ins and I find our plugin in the "Inactive Application Add-ins" list. So I set the "Manage:" drop down to "COM Add-ins" and click "Go..." and the "COM Add-Ins" window opens. Our plugin shows up with an empty check box next to it. If I check that box and click ok, nothing happens and our plugin still doesn't show up.

I click on the Add... button and navigate manually to the plugin DLL and click Load, and I get an error: Plugin.dll is not a valid Office plugin.

I even tried to manually register the COM plugin with Outlook by having the installer add values to the registry (HKCU\Software\Classes\CLSID\{plugin GUID}, HKCU\Software\Classes\Plugin.Classname, and HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\AddIns\CATSOutlook.coCATSOutlook) but Outlook still does not show the plugin controls.

We also have a Word plugin and it does not work either with the same issue.

Please help us as a lot of our customers use Windows Vista and Office 2010.

http://www.add-in-express.com/forum/read.php?FID=1&TID=6858

http://www.google.com/search?q=site:add-in-express.com%20is%20not%20a%20valid%20Office%20Add-in
Posted 09 Dec, 2010 17:11:41 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Andrei,

Could you please send me your Outlook test add-in for testing? I will try to find the cause of such behavior.
Posted 10 Dec, 2010 04:04:31 Top
Andrei B

Hi Dmitry Kostochko, I sent you the test plugin. It is basically just a new ADX plugin for Outlook project in Delphi. I has nothing special, and all the settings are at default, but we just can't get it to register with Windows Vista Ultimate and Outlook 2010 Pro.

Thanks
Posted 10 Dec, 2010 12:41:09 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Andrei,

Thank you for the code sample. I have tested your demo project against Outlook 2010 32bit, it works correctly. Do you have Office 2010 32bit or 64bit installed on your machine?
Posted 13 Dec, 2010 10:44:27 Top