adxRibbonCommand Override

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

adxRibbonCommand Override
How to override the built in Outlook ribbon command. 
Matt Newnham

I am attempting to handle a before print event in outlook 2007, so I can ensure that there are no undesired printable user properties.

I am able to intercept the print command from the main File menu (not inspector) via the TadxBuiltInControl component, setting the BuiltInID to 4 and handling the OnActionEx event.

However I need to also intercept printing from the inspector window. I believe this can be done by using a TadxRibbonCommand component and setting the IdMso to "FilePrint" and handling the OnAction event. I am not able to get this to work however. When I click the Print button, nothing happens. I have a breakpoint in the OnAction event which does not get hit, but also the print does not happen either.

I've also tried this with the "Delete" command with the same result. I've tried starting a new add-in with only this functionality and disabling my old add-in.

Am I missing something?
Posted 03 Dec, 2010 09:36:39 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Matt,

This is a bug. I have just reproduced the issue you described and filed it under #2160 in our bug tracking system.

At the moment I can suggest the following workaround: add another TadxRibbonCommand component to your add-in module, set its IdMso to "FilePrint" but do not handle the OnAction event. Then your first TadxRibbonCommand component should work.
Posted 06 Dec, 2010 07:54:06 Top
Matt Newnham

Thanks Dmitry, the workaround is successful.
Posted 08 Dec, 2010 04:51:42 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Matt,

Thank you for keeping us informed.
The bug will be fixed in the upcoming build of Add-in Express for Office and VCL.
Posted 08 Dec, 2010 11:16:48 Top