Issue with Options Page Display

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Issue with Options Page Display

George Spears

Hello,

I used the wizard to create an Options Page. It is defined as

type
TOptionsPageClass = class(TActiveForm, IOptionsPageClass, PropertyPage)
Label1: TLabel;
Label2: TLabel;

I have added various TLabel, TEdit, TCheckboxe, and TImage controls to the object. In design mode, everything appears fine. When I compile and run, the Labels show up fine, but the edit are not visible until I enter the TEdit with mouse, tab or enter key. If makes no difference if the TEdit.Color is clWindow or clWhite. Occasionally, when the Options page is INITIALLY displayed, all the TEdits will display properly for around 1/2 second, then will appear to disappear until they get focus. Once they get the focus, they show up, and will stay visible (i.e. working properly) until I exit that window/panel. If I go to a different page in the Options form, and come back to my new page, then all TEdits (and TCheckboxes) are back to being invisible.

Any and all help appreciated.
Environment: Outlook 2007, Windows 7-64 bi Ultimate, Delphi 2010.

Thanks
George Spears
Posted 08 May, 2010 16:29:38 Top
George Spears

In debugging this, I have stumbled on one additional piece of info... My Outlook has 2 different profiles, 1 for business, and 1 for personal. The personal account only has 5 tab in the Options window, so all tabs fits on one line. Everything in his profile appears consistently (i.e. all controls show up properly) ... The business email profile has around 9 tabs, so there are 2 rows of tabs at the top of the Outlook Options form. This profile is what has the visual oddity.

Note that I started a new project, from the Wizard, and I still get the same behavior.

Thanks,
George Spears
Posted 10 May, 2010 15:06:12 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hi George,

We created two add-in projects and tested it in several environments with no success: we cannot reproduce the issue. I've just sent you an e-mail with download links for those projects. If the issue is still reproducible, please try disabling all COM add-ins. Also, you can disable them one-by-one to find the guilty, if any. To disable a COM add-in, you set LoadBehavior = 0 in {HKLM or HKCU}\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\{an add-in}.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 11 May, 2010 06:42:20 Top