Add-in Name, Publisher and Description

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Add-in Name, Publisher and Description
How to populate these fields in the add-in code 
momsoft

Hi,

I would like to complete the description of the add-in so when the add-in is selected on the host application Options | Add-ins dialog these fields are correctly shown.

- Add-in: This is the name of the Add-in, which is also shown on the list above. It looks like it corresponds to the name of the interfaced class without the initial T rather than to the AddInName property of the TAddInModule. Can you confirm it?

- Publisher: It seems that Add-in Express does not provide with a property to use this information.

- Description: On some of my add-ins the value corresponds to the value of the Description name of the TAddInModule but on others, it does not. Please look at this image to see what I mean: https://postimg.cc/MvBNHFnt

Thank you very much in advance and have a great 2019!
Posted 04 Jan, 2019 09:08:25 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello momsoft,

Thanks!

I suggest that you re-register your add-in project. This rewrites the registry entries providing the add-in name and description.

As to the publisher, it is taken from the digital certificate that you use to sign your add-in.

Regards from Belarus (GMT+3),

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 08 Jan, 2019 07:04:12 Top
momsoft

Hi Andrei,

You are right! I have re-registered the add-in and it is working now. And I understand that I would need to sign the add-in to populate the Publisher field.

Thank you very much,

Manuel Onate
Posted 09 Jan, 2019 18:28:38 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

You are welcome, Manuel!

Regards from Belarus (GMT+3),

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 10 Jan, 2019 05:52:26 Top