Add-in Express Export To Excel

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Add-in Express Export To Excel
Delphi 10 Seattle export grid data to excel 
Eric Dumont

Hi,

We just bought the product, because we need to export data to excel from Delphi 10 Seattle application. After looking at the components I am wondering if Add-in Express give any solution To export data to excel ? If yes is there any example available ?

Thank you
Posted 31 Mar, 2016 09:52:01 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Eric,

Add-in Express doesn't provide any special means to achieve this. It allows you creating an Excel add-in that you can use to provide an UI for the user who would import data and handle Excel events. As to the actual import operation, you can use the Macro Recorder in Excel to record a VBA macro while performing the task in the Excel UI. The macro will show you the classes/members used; you can the descriptions of the classes and members using this note:

Getting Help on COM Objects, Properties and Methods

To get assistance with host applications?Â?Ð?é objects, their properties, and methods as well as help info, use the Object Browser. Go to the VBA environment (in the host application, choose menu Tools | Macro | Visual Basic Editor or just press {Alt+F11}), press {F2}, select the host application in the topmost combo and/or specify a search string in the search combo. Select a class /property /method and press {F1} to get the help topic that relates to the object.

Then you can translate the macro to Delphi.

Hope this helps.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 31 Mar, 2016 10:12:25 Top
Eric Dumont

Thanks Andrei,

That answer my question. But I do have another one if you don't mind.

We have another application that is an add in in Excel. Basically it add functions that get data from a database. Now the migration is done and build no problem, and I can add the add in to excel.. unfortunately i can't see my stuff in Excel function. I wonder is there some steps that I miss or the old code with the new component add-in express should work like before. I have excel 2013 32 bit ?

Any help would be appreciated

thanks
Posted 01 Apr, 2016 08:57:49 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Eric,

Please check section Your First Excel Automation Add-in in the manual, see the PDF file in the folder {Add-in Express}\Docs on your development PC.

Please let me know if you run in a problem.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 01 Apr, 2016 10:24:21 Top