License not eligible for version 8

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

License not eligible for version 8

Joachim Meyer

I bought Add-In-Express on Sep 24 2015 and received version 7. The install of the latest update says that my license key is not valid for version 8. Is that correct?

So far I have never been able to make a single add-in work, not even the samples. Admittedly that may be a problem on my side, so I don't blame you for that. I just think that it should be possible to open a sample project, run it, and it should work out of the box. To make it worse I had to learn today that the version I bought like 5 weeks ago is now outdated but I am not eligible for an update. Pardon me for not being happy with this situation.
Posted 03 Nov, 2015 09:22:10 Top
Svetlana Cheusheva

Add-in Express team

Hello Joachim,

The point is that version 8 is a new major version and it requires a new license key. The Professional subscription includes 1 year of free minor and major updates, so we have just emailed you the new key and added it to your user profile.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.
Posted 03 Nov, 2015 09:44:37 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Joachim,

Joachim Meyer writes:
So far I have never been able to make a single add-in work, not even the samples.

Could you please make sure that you register the add-in? Please see how to do this in section "Step 15. Running the COM Add-in" at https://www.add-in-express.com/docs/net-first-com-addin.php. If you do this and this doesn't help, I would like to access your PC remotely. But since it is almost 6PM here, I'll be able to do this tomorrow only. Would it be possible? If yes, I suggest using TeamViewer; in this case you'll need to send me your session ID and password. I'll start my day tomorrow with sending a note to you.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 03 Nov, 2015 09:52:00 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Oops, I'm sorry; I haven't noticed this is a Delphi forum. Well, please ignore that link; I'd like to connect to your PC remotely. Will send you a note tomorrow.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 03 Nov, 2015 09:57:36 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

While I'm still here; please check section "Step 16. Run the Outlook add-in" at https://www.add-in-express.com/docs/vcl-outlook-addins.php instead.

See you tomorrow.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 03 Nov, 2015 10:12:23 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Joachim,

I'm ready to access your PC remotely almost any minute within the next 7 hours. You can send credentials to the support email address; find it in {Add-in Express installation folder}\readme.txt and make sure your email contains a link to this topic.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 04 Nov, 2015 03:15:55 Top
Mervin Pearce

Hi Svetlana Cheusheva,

Can I also get an update key for Version 8.
I have the professional subscription bought 21 Sep 2015...

Best Regards
Mervin Pearce
Posted 09 Nov, 2015 03:58:10 Top
Svetlana Cheusheva

Add-in Express team

Hello Mervin,

We have added the new key (beginning with AXV8P-...) to your user profile. This key was valid for the beta and is valid for all releases within version 8 of Add-in Express for Office and Delphi VCL, Professional.

Don?Â?Ð?ét hesitate to contact me again if I can be of any further assistance.
Posted 09 Nov, 2015 05:08:25 Top
Mervin Pearce

Hi Svetlana Cheusheva, thank you for your prompt response.
Posted 09 Nov, 2015 06:04:05 Top
Markus Kinzler

Hi Svetlana Cheusheva,

I have the same problem. Could you update my key, too?

Thank you in advance.

Markus Kinzler.
Posted 09 Nov, 2015 06:13:15 Top