Image on Button AV

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Image on Button AV
Access Violation for TcxButton with PNG image 
Micha? G??bowski

Dear sirs,

When I put an image on my TcxButton (DevExpress) on Task Pane it produces Error (AV at 0000) when shown in Excel - button is not drawn at all. I tried to use PNG and BMP with the same result. Windows 7, Office 2007, Delphi XE2 (devex 12) and XE7 (devex 15).

Is it any known error?

TImage is drawn ok (bmp), TcxImage for bmp is also drawn ok, TcxImage for PNG is drawn blank.

Michal
Posted 06 Jul, 2015 05:57:48 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Micha?,

We cannot reproduce this problem:

http://temp.add-in-express.com/support/MyAddinXE6DvEx15_Sources.zip
http://temp.add-in-express.com/support/MyAddinXE6DvEx15_Bin.zip

We've never been reported about such an issue.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 07 Jul, 2015 07:06:05 Top
Micha? G??bowski

Hello Andrei,

I downloaded your files. Source I compiled and from XE2 and XE7. Excel hangs trying to constantly redraw task pane (from both Delphis), so I could not use source.
(There are also some misleadings in source like use og cxSchedulerRS20 declared in dproj or declaration in uses without Vcl. prefix like vcl.Graphics).

Anyway I had to restart Windows, to get an Excel message that one of add-ins makes problems so Excel turned it off. Trying to registering your compiled version made my system show RegSvr32 error dialog (Module MyAddin1.dll was registered but call to function DllRegisterServer failed and returned error code 0x80004005).

Trying to register again your source made both Delphis (XE2 & XE7) to crash with failure to register and Runtime Error 217.

So I had no chance to check the code. The hint is that I do not use any skin in my code (skins disabled), in yours there is skin usage.

Could you probably check if simple application with Task Pane, no skins enabled and simple TcxButton with png icon (glyph) would work?

Michal
Posted 07 Jul, 2015 08:51:30 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Micha?,

I would like to access your PC remotely. Is this possible? If yes, I suggest using TeamViewer; in this case you'll need to send me your session ID and password to the support email address; you can find it in {Add-in Express installation folder}\readme.txt.

I would like to finish the remote session within the next hour. Is this possible?

Andrei Smolin
Posted 07 Jul, 2015 08:59:25 Top
Micha? G??bowski

Yes it is, I already sent to support my credentials.
You're welcome
Posted 07 Jul, 2015 09:04:55 Top
Micha? G??bowski

Thank you for help through TeamViewer. I found that when I install my dll on my virtual system: Windows 7/32 bit + Office 2013, the png icon on TcxButton is shown! So probably there is something wrong with Office (or Add-in)?
However still no skins.

Michal
Posted 07 Jul, 2015 12:43:43 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello All,

For those following the discussion above: please see https://www.add-in-express.com/forum/read.php?FID=1&TID=13223.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 10 Jul, 2015 06:16:43 Top