Unable to get context menu to show up

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Unable to get context menu to show up
Context Menu for Outlook 
George Spears

Hello,
For Outlook (2010 or 2013).... assume I am viewing an email. I select a phrase in the body of the email, and right click to get my context menu. (The menu that shows...Copy / Who Is / Synonyms / Translate / Search with Bing / View Source). I am trying to ADD an option to the bottom of this menu.

I have experimented with both the adxContextMenu and adxRibbonContextMenu. I could get my option to show up when I right click on the LISTING of emails. (aka here are 40 emails, right click on one of them..., but I can not get a menu option on the BODY of the email. What do I need to do here to add my menu item to this context menu?

Thanks
George S
Posted 02 Jul, 2015 08:04:37 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello George,

First off, you need to find the name of that context menu. I suggest that you install the add-in described at https://www.add-in-express.com/creating-addins-blog/2015/04/15/creating-office-context-menu-addin/. It requires .NET Framework 4.0 to be installed.

The second step is to construct the ContextMenuNames property of the corresponding TadxRibbonContextMenu component. Note that the editor of the ContextMenuNames property allows you to enter the required value directly. Here's a couple of examples:
Outlook.Mail.Read.ContextMenuReadOnlyMailText
Outlook.Explorer.ContextMenuReadOnlyMailText
Outlook.Mail.Read.ContextMenuReadOnlyMailHyperlink
Outlook.Explorer.ContextMenuReadOnlyMailHyperlink

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 06 Jul, 2015 07:31:09 Top