Outlook 2007 - how to handle Print on Explorer context menu

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Outlook 2007 - how to handle Print on Explorer context menu
Using built in control can handle BuiltInID 4 but this then captures all buttons with this ID 
Roger Middlebrook

Our salesman has sold our product, which supports Office 2010 and 2013 into an account using Office 2007. I am trying to handle the user interface of Outlook 2007.

In Outlook Explorer I am handling

• Print on Standard toolbar
  • Print on File menu
  • Quick Print on Context menu

I handle the first two using adxOlExplorerCommandBar components for 'Standard' and 'Main Bar' and attaching adxBuiltInControl components with BuiltInID=4.

I handle the Quick Print on the context menu using another adxBuiltInControl component with BuiltInID=2521. This control does not reference an adxOlExplorerCommandBar.

I want to handle the Print button on the context menu. This appears on the menu instead of Quick Print when more than one item is selected.

The ID of this button is 4.

If I try to handle it using adxOlBuiltInControl with BuiltInID=4 and no adxOlExplorerCommandBar then I find I am handling ALL buttons with ID 4, including the Print button on the Print Preview dialog, which I don't want.

If I use an adxolExplorerCommandBar for 'Context Menu' it has the desired effect of handling only the Print button on the context menu. It also has the undesirable effect of creating a command bar called 'Context Menu' in the toolbar area of the window.

Can you tell me the best way of achieving what I require?

Thanks
Posted 25 Mar, 2015 09:54:30 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Roger,

You can use a TadxBuiltInControl with BuiltInID=4 and a TadxContextMenu with CommandBarName set to ItemContextMenu.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 26 Mar, 2015 02:18:07 Top
Roger Middlebrook

How annoying! I thought I had already reviewed alternative adx components.

Thank you
Posted 26 Mar, 2015 03:19:07 Top