Problems with Debugging

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Problems with Debugging

George Spears

Hello,

I have ran into a problem with my Excel Plugin, and I am trying to debug it. I have used MadExcept (from Madshi.net) for a while, and like the product, and in fact you mention it on your site. (http://www.add-in-express.com/creating-addins-blog/2010/06/17/outlook-fast-shutdown-under-yellow-hood/) The problem is that whenever I enable it in conjunction with AddIn Express, I immediately get a stack overflow error when I start Excel in debug mode from within the IDE. I have expanded the stack from 1 MB to 4MB and I get the same problem. I am using your demo code (MyExcelAutomationAddIn1 found at http://www.add-in-express.com/support/delphi-excel.php#excel-general, Entitled How to Write Your First Automation Excel AddIn).

I am using the latest version of MadExcept, on Delphi XE6.
Are there any known issues using MadExcept with Add-in Express?

Thanks,
George S
Posted 01 Dec, 2014 11:44:30 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello George,

George Spears writes:
Are there any known issues using MadExcept with Add-in Express?

No, there aren't. Could you please send us a project reproducing the issue to the support email address? You can find it in {Add-in Express installation folder}\readme.txt. Please make sure your email contains a link to this topic.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 02 Dec, 2014 02:53:34 Top
George Spears

Andrei, I went to uninstall MadExcept and install a different version, and now my Delphi complains on start up. I uninstall, and all is fine. In short, I have an unstable environment. I will reinstall Delphi and try again...

Thank you,
George S
Posted 03 Dec, 2014 11:52:37 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Sure.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 04 Dec, 2014 07:51:26 Top