Disable printing of attachments before printing

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Disable printing of attachments before printing
Changine registry to disable attachments has no effect until Outlook is restarted 
Roger Middlebrook

In Outlook 2010+ the option to print all attachments is supported for all mail formats. We would like to ensure that this option is always turned off.

It is controlled using a registry entry:

HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftOffice.0OutlookPrintingPrint Attachments

Changing this has no effect on printing until Outlook is restarted. We want the effect to be immediate. Do you know of a way that we can disable attachment printing with immediate effect?

NB The dialog shown using File | Print | Print Options does show the correct value of the registry setting but it does not honour it unless the Print or Preview button is clicked.
Posted 13 Dec, 2013 03:48:35 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Roger,

Roger Middlebrook writes:
We want the effect to be immediate.

I don't think this is possible.

Roger Middlebrook writes:
We would like to ensure that this option is always turned off.

You can set that registry entry when your add-in is being installed and check the value when the add-in gets started.

PS. A while back you asked about a possibility to activate a specified tab in BackstageView. If you are still interested, keep an eye on this thread:
http://www.add-in-express.com/forum/read.php?FID=5&TID=12020

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 13 Dec, 2013 04:56:32 Top
Roger Middlebrook

Many thanks Andrei. That is what we expected but I wanted to ask the experts (that's you and your team) first.

Thank you also for the other topic reference. As it happens, I am already following this one with great interest.
Posted 13 Dec, 2013 05:33:09 Top