Did the latest Office updates break ADX Outlook forms with layout elDockTop?

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Did the latest Office updates break ADX Outlook forms with layout elDockTop?
Can't get my form regions to show anymore... 
Oliver Giesen

Unfortunately, I have changed quite a few things (e.g. upgraded from Delphi XE2 to XE3 and from ADX 7.2 to 7.4, applied latest Office 2010 updates), so I can't be entirely sure which of those changes exactly is the culprit but the fact is that my addins that display form regions in Outlook no longer work, i.e. the area where the contents of my custom form should be simply remains blank. I get the same results with the "official" example addins for form regions (from http://www.add-in-express.com/support/addin-delphi.php#form-regions) if I change the layout to elDockTop.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Or do I have to fallback to elTopSubpane?

Cheers,

Oliver
Posted 22 Jul, 2013 05:16:38 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Oliver,

We'ev reproduced the issue and confirm that this is a bug in Add-in Express. We will fix the bug with a higher priority and as soon as I have the fix, I'll send it to you.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 22 Jul, 2013 10:40:17 Top
Oliver Giesen

Thanks, that's great to hear!

Still, just out of interest, seeing that this used to work in the past: was it an actual regression in ADX code between releases 7.2 and 7.4 (in which case existing installations using the older ADX vesion should be fine) or was it a change in either Delphi XE3 or recent Office updates that broke it (in which case I should probably be prepared for an influx of error reports from customers really soon now)? My bet is on the latter judging by the overall amount of changes that appear to have been sneaked in with those updates...

Cheers,

Oliver
Posted 22 Jul, 2013 11:51:00 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Oliver,

In this case, this is a bug in Add-in Express 7.4 with a 99.99% probability. Even if an Office update caused this.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 23 Jul, 2013 02:01:42 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Oliver,

I've just sent you a link for downloading an Add-in Express build which is supposed to fix the issue. Could you please let me know if it works for you?

Andrei Smolin
Posted 06 Aug, 2013 03:28:26 Top