regsvr32 does not terminate.

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

regsvr32 does not terminate.

rol

Hi!
I've the problem, that when i register the addin using the "regsvr32" the success message box pops up, but when I look in the task manager the process is still running. This is a problem since my installer waits till the process terminates. What could cause the problem?

regards Richard
Posted 21 Nov, 2011 04:58:25 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello,

Can you please send us a project reproducing this issue (and its dll, please) for testing? Please find the support email address in {Add-in Express installation folder}\readme.txt. And make sure your email contains a link to this topic.

Also, we'd like to know the environment details: versions and bitness of Windows, Office, Add-in Express. Is this possible?

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 21 Nov, 2011 08:14:03 Top
Asaf Azulay

I had this happend to me as well.
I removed some Extra units
(used TMS GridPack for example), and it start registering it.
it seems that too much packages installed in DLL and DELPHI has some problem registering it.

(Working with Delphi XE2...)
Posted 29 Nov, 2011 09:43:07 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Asaf,

Yes, this is one of the method of debugging.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 29 Nov, 2011 10:56:49 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Asaf,

I don't think that the number of used units may have any impact and lead to regsvr32.exe not terminating. Looks very much as if there is some issue in the TMS components code. I would suggest contacting their support service to get a fix for the issue. I suppose they have some code in the finalization section and execution of this code causes the regsvr32.exe freezing.

If you have their sources you can try to debug it yourself. Open the Run -> Parameters dialog box, enter regsvr32.exe into the "Host application" field, enter the name of your dll into the "Parameters" field, set breakpoints in the finalization section's code and start debugging (F9).
Posted 30 Nov, 2011 08:15:15 Top